Monday, October 28, 2013

City of Los Angeles Contemplates Sexual Harassment Training for its Employees

Two City Council Members in Los Angeles, CA are asking the City to providing mandatory sexual harassment training to all of its employees, after two recent lawsuits. (Until now the City has provided such training only for managers.) Um, this really seems like a basic thing to me; I'm surprised the City hadn't been doing this already. But okay, good for them if they go along with the proposal and finally get with the program. I guess most private businesses STILL don't require such training, and are not required to in most cases, but I think a lot of governmental employers do. Exactly how effective such training is in actually preventing sexual harassment, I really can't say. Maybe it would depend in part on how good the training program is. But hey, at least it's something.

Sexual Harassment Lawsuits Against LA Prompt Calls For Prevention Training - Huffington Post